ASTROLOGY BY LEARNING MORE ABOUT YOURSELF
This page is meant for those who live in USA North East.
Those who live in other areas can go to www.dirah.org/course.htm
Vedic Astrology Course on
the basis of your own chart
Dirah Academy is pleased to be at the ‘leading edge’ of providing distance-learning courses and certification in Vedic Astrology. Our courses are unique in that each course:
Allows you to work on your own chart, providing a tool for Self-Realisation
Uses one-to-one tuition with an experienced, practising astrologer
Uses email support with prompt feedback on assignments
If you do not understand something you can ask questions directly to the supervisor. The supervisor responds promptly. You will not be referred to other students or whatever. Therefore the supervisor is not simply a judge of your assignments, but helps you with understanding the lessons.
Is flexible-learning, in that you can study where and when you want to, and take as long as you like to complete. You can enrol at any time, take a break, start again, and send in assignments as and when you please
Provides progression onto the next higher-level course
Has a Certificate of Dirah Academy International
Follow up courses about advanced subjects are available. The beginners course contributes towards the Dirah Diploma in Advanced Studies in Vedic Astrology
Provides excellent value-for-money (each course is just USD 270).
And this is what Richard Houck, author of The Astrology of Death and Digital Astrology says about the course:
"I often have people ask me
about where they can learn basic Vedic astrology from a person rather
than a book.
The Dirah Academy offers a personalized 14-lesson correspondence course that is probably the best combination of simplicity, clarity, practicality, usefulness and cost value on the world market today.
How can you beat having fun with your own chart while learning Vedic astrology?"
Vedic astrology is a form of
astrology that is 5OOO years old.
Increasing numbers of Western astrologers are discovering the value of
Vedic astrology. In
the Western world interest for Vedic astrology is steadily growing.
of the course: The course
includes among other things, the interpretation of a Vedic horoscope,
the role of harmonic
horoscopes, the Indian system of predictive astrology (dasas), yogas in
Vedic methods of treatment (choosing the (semi-) precious stone, colour
and mantra), the
relationship to ayurveda (how to determine the ayurvedic physical type
horoscope).These subjects are treated in fourteen extensive lessons.
Indian Astrology: This course
will enable you to understand Vedic astrology and what you can achieve
with it. In the
course, the accent is placed on the practical application of Indian
astrology, hence the
special attention to Vedic treatment methods and ayurveda.
Course Supervisor: Dirah Academy International has teachers in different parts of the world. For USA North East your teacher will be Gary Gomes. Email: NEIVAS@comcast.net
Dr. Gary Gomes
Dr. Gary Gomes, BA, MBA, Ed.D., served as President and Vice-President of the Council of Vedic Astrology.
He teaches at Kepler College, American College of Vedic Astrology, Dirah Academy, and Northeast Institute of Vedic Astrology and Studies.
Recipient of several awards from India, Swami of the Kriya Yoga Lineage, Shaivite Hindu, Reiki Master. and professional astrologer since 1991.
He has a YouTube channel devoted to Vedic Astrology and is he currently on the Kepler College board of directors.
please write an email to Gary Gomes NEIVAS@comcast.net
which should include your name, your full address, your telephone number
your birth data (date of birth, town of birth, state of birth, country of birth, time of birth: please use 24 hours notation like 16.04).
You will receive a confirmation email with details about payment The first half of the course will be sent to you when the first term is received.CLICK HERE TO SEE THE COURSE AGREEMENTS
FOR A SAMPLE LESSON ON AYURVEDA CLICK HERE. THIS IS LESSON 13 OF THE COURSE
FOR A SAMPLE LESSON ON ASTROLOGY AND YOGA'S CLICK HERE. THIS IS LESSON 9 OF THE COURSE
THE CONTENTS OF THE COURSE
1. INTRODUCTION: AIM AND METHODS OF THIS COURSE
1.1 THE AIM OF THIS COURSE
1.2 OUR METHOD
2. WHY INDIAN (VEDIC) ASTROLOGY
2.1 THE HOLY ASTROLOGY OF INDIA
2.2 TROPICAL AND SIDEREAL ZODIAC
2.3 HOW TO MAKE AN INDIAN HOROSCOPE
3. SIGNS AND PLANETS IN INDIAN ASTROLOGY
3.1 THE SIGNS
4. THE FUNCTIONING OF PLANETS
4.1 THE PLANETS, FRIENDS OR ENEMIES
4.2 THE INFLUENCE OF THE SPEED OF PLANETS
5. THE HOUSES IN INDIAN ASTROLOGY
5.1 SIGNIFICACES OF THE HOUSES
5.2 CLASSIFICATION OF HOUSES
5.3 PLANETS AS INDICATORS OF THE HOUSES
6. THE LORDS OF THE HOUSES
6.1 WORKING WITH THE LORDS OF THE HOUSES
7. PLANETS AND HOUSES
7.1 THE POSITION OF THE PLANETS IN THE HOUSES
8.1 THE CONJUNCTION
8.2 TRUE ASPECTS (ACCORDING TO THE PARASHARI SYSTEM)
8.3 THE TAJAKA (WESTERN) ASPECTS
9. YOGAS IN ASTROLOGY
9.1 PANCHA MAHAPURUSHA YOGAS
9.2 PARIVARTANA YOGAS
9.3 SCISSORS YOGAS (KARTARI YOGAS)
9.4 VARIOUS YOGAS
9.5 THE POSITION OF YOGAS
10. PREDICTIVE ASTROLOGY: THE DASAS
10.1 INTERPRETING MAHA DASAS
10.2 THE ROLE OF THE BHUKTI DASAS AND THE ANTARA DASA
10.3 THE TECHNIQUE FOR CALCULATING THE DASAS
10.4 TECHNIQUE FOR CALCULATING BHUKTI DASAS AND ANTARA DASAS
10.5 MATURING OF THE PLANETS
11. HARMONIC HOROSCOPES
11.1 SECOND HARMONIC (HORA)
11.2 THIRD HARMONIC (DREKKANA)
11.3 NINTH HARMONIC (NAVAMSA)
11.4 TENTH HARMONIC (DASAMSA)
11.5 EXACT TIME OF BIRTH IS VERY IMPORTANT
11.6 INTERPRETING THE HARMONIC HOROSCOPES
12. METHODS OF TREATMENT USED BY THE INDIAN ASTROLOGER
12.1 THE ROLE OF THE METHODS OF TREATMENT USED
12.2 A SUMMARY OF THE VARIOUS TREATMENTS.
12.3 WEARING PRECIOUS AND SEMI-PRECIOUS STONES
12.4 COLOUR THERAPY
13. AYURVEDA: VEDIC HEALING
13.1 THE THREE DOSHAS
13.2 ASTROLOGICAL ESTABLISHMENT OF THE THREE DOSHAS
13.3 THE CONSEQUENCES OF A DISTURBANCE IN THE DOSHA HARMONY AND ITS TREATMENT
14. THE FINAL ASSIGNMENT: INTERPRETING YOUR VEDIC HOROSCOPE
ANNEX 1: TOOLS FOR STUDYING JYOTISH
1. FOR FOUNDATION
2. FOR THE SOMEWHAT ADVANCED STUDENT
3. FOR THE ADVANCED STUDENT
4. PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
ANNEX 2: COURSE AGREEMENTS
ANNEX 3: HERE YOU WILL FIND A SCHEME OF THE MOST IMPORTANT TERMS USED IN THIS COURSE
ANNEX 4: ORDER A VEDIC HOROSCOPE OF PEOPLE YOU KNOW
ANNEX 5: HINDU LUNAR ZODIAC CARDS
ANNEX 6: INDEX OF USED VEDIC ASTROLOGICAL TERMS
AND OF COURSE YOU WILL FIND YOUR PERSONAL VEDIC CHART ADDED TO THE COURSE MATERIAL
The best way to avoid misunderstanding
1. Registration is confirmed as soon as the completed application form is received.
2. Gary Gomes of Dirah Academy USA North East is the course supervisor.
3. As soon as registration is confirmed, the course material will be sent to the student.
4. The course supervisor is obliged to return the completed assignments within seven days after receiving the assignments; both corrected and furnished with comments. Exceptions to this rule are situations beyond the control of the supervisor, e.g. sickness, etc. and holidays. The student will receive notice when this occurs.
5. A good student-supervisor relationship is essential. The supervisor will do everything he can to guide the student through the material. The student should always be polite. Rudeness will not be tolerated. If according to the supervisor rude behaviour takes place the student will receive one warning. If the student persists he will loose all rights.
6. The student has the right to support by telephone or email.
7. a. Should the student not return
his assignments or in any way absent himself for a period of three
months, the student
will lose all his rights.
b. The student may ask for a temporary halt to his study for a maximum period of four months.
8. The student can write to the course supervisor that he would like to stop the course. If he does so before he sends in the assignment for the fifth lesson, he has no further obligations. Otherwise, the student is obliged to pay the second term.
9. Paid terms will never be refunded.
10. Once the final assignment has been assessed as satisfactory, the course supervisor is obliged to issue the student with the certificate of Applied Vedic Astrology. A second chance is possible!